Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS EG Import of Infomaps breaks randomly

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor JSJ
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS EG Import of Infomaps breaks randomly

[ Edited ]

Hi,  I am running SAS version 7.15 HF3.  I have an intermittent problem with the import of my infomaps.

Every now and then, an existing instance of  all the infomaps in my project will create a new output and not link to the existing output that "feeds" my report.  Please see the picture.  

imap.png 

This is hard to describe---

Once it breaks, I just have to exit out, which results in lost work.

Any idea to fix this?

Jo

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-18-2018 11:47 AM
Community Manager

Re: SAS EG Import of Infomaps breaks randomly

You can relink it to the downstream items.  I see you have a Query Builder item -- you can change the properties of the input table in the query (right-click in the query builder on the table name, select Properties) to point to the "new" location.

Most tasks allow you to right-click on the task node in the flow and Change Input Data -- pointing to a different table for input.

But -- it still shouldn't break on its own if you have set the table name.  Right-click on each table (new and old) to make sure they seem to be pointing to the same physical table.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Manager

The Import Infomaps task allows you to name your output data set (Output data tab).  Make sure that you're specifying a name, so that the output always goes to the same location.  Then your downstream process should be more reliable.

Contributor JSJ
Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisHemedinger

Hi Chris!

Thanks for responding.

I checked my import and it saves the output to a work file.  (see attachment) Is this where I need to change the name?

If I can change this, then I would have to do this on the initial development, correct?   Once it breaks, I can't relink the output to what is downstream, can I?

We never experienced this with previous versions of SAS EG. I am tempted to work in the old version of SAS.

Thanks!

Solution
‎05-18-2018 11:47 AM
Community Manager

You can relink it to the downstream items.  I see you have a Query Builder item -- you can change the properties of the input table in the query (right-click in the query builder on the table name, select Properties) to point to the "new" location.

Most tasks allow you to right-click on the task node in the flow and Change Input Data -- pointing to a different table for input.

But -- it still shouldn't break on its own if you have set the table name.  Right-click on each table (new and old) to make sure they seem to be pointing to the same physical table.

Contributor JSJ
Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisHemedinger

Thank you, Chris! You are a terrific resource!

My colleague and I tried this and believe it to be a fix to our problem!

I wrote up some directions on how we will try testing this next time it breaks-- 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation