Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS EG Error

Occasional Contributor

SAS EG Error

Dear All,

I am encountering an error while opening SAS EG, the screenshot is attached for your reference. Can anyone please help me to resolve the issue.

thanks

SAS EG Error.png
Super User

Re: SAS EG Error

You should contact tech support. 

Super User

I also recommend raising an issue with SAS TS. The only other thing is trying a complete re-installation of SAS EG, after a thorough cleaning out of the old installation (remove software via Windows Control Panel, then remove the physical path in Program Files and the Enterprise Guide data from %APPDATA%)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Regular Learner

Hi, what you are trying to do in EG and which vesion?
Regards
Suneel Kumar Reddy
Super User

From the message, I guess it happens at startup, when EG tries to read xml files (that describe the user interface settings and so on).

Removing the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SAS\EnterpriseGuide tree might make EG start again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
SAS Super FREQ

@KurtBremser is on the right path.  However, rather than deleting the whole folder, you can delete just the Recovery.xml file (in C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1\ProjectRecovery\).  It appears it got corrupted (with invalid XML) somehow.  A new one will get generated the next time EG's Project Recovery runs.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation