BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JPM1
Fluorite | Level 6

Good day.

I am unable to connect to our SAS 9.4 metadata server from my PC using SAS EG.  I can connect successfully from a colleague's PC, and by using ITConfig2.exe on the host server.  I believe the error started occurring after a SAS software upgrade on my PC (to obtain SAS EG 8.3) - I was mostly working on our SAS Viya server, so I did not notice the error until I tried it again after a while.  I have (properly) uninstalled and reinstalled SAS again on my PC, but the same error still persists.

Error when trying to connect using ItConfig2.exe on client: This function is not supported on this system.

Error when trying to connect using SAS EG: Unable to connect to metadata server.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You might need to re-install SAS Integration Technologies client.  You can either find this in your software depot, or download from support.sas.com.  Be sure to install the correct bitness -- 32-bit for 32-bit EG, 64-bit otherwise.  You can have both.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
JPM1
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you.  I tried that, but to no avail.  I downloaded the 64-bit version, since I am using the 64-bit EG.  I see that the 32-bit version is installed as well, through.  Please see the error details below.  Any other ideas?

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80042002): <connectionAttempts>
<connectionAttempt>
<description>This function is not supported on this system.</description>
<status>0x80070078</status>
<saslogin>hostname\username</saslogin>
<sasmachinednsname>fully-qualified-hostname</sasmachinednsname>
<sasport>8561</sasport>
<sasclassid>0217E202-B560-11DB-AD91-001083FF6836</sasclassid>
<sasprogid>SASOMI.OMI.1.0</sasprogid>
<threadid>15828</threadid>
<name>test</name>
</connectionAttempt>
</connectionAttempts>
at SASObjectManager.IObjectFactory2.CreateObjectByServer(String Name, Boolean synchronous, IServerDef pIServerDef, String LoginName, String Password)
at SAS.BI.Itconfig.Library.ServerTests.SASServerTest.CreateConnectionWithObjectFactoryMulti()
at SAS.BI.Itconfig.Library.ServerTests.SASServerTest.CreateConnection()

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Double-check encryption settings for your SAS metadata server and make sure your client connection can match those.  I've seen some cases where encryption mismatches can cause this error.  If you cannot diagnose from here, I suggest reaching out to SAS tech support for help.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
JPM1
Fluorite | Level 6

I have checked that, and will therefore open a track with SAS tech support.

Thanks again.

Ram7
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

user has not able to login SAS EG 8.3 V and checked in SAS meta services ,client side hostname and port number but not able to login the SAS EG and Please could you give the suggestions.

Thanks and Regrads,

Rama

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What errors for this event are in your metadata server log? If possible, get the user to connect via EG on another computer - do you get the same errors? If not then a PC-specific problem is likely and a reinstall of SAS client software is advisable.

Ram7
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you and will check it

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation