BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ilountas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi !!!

My company upgraded from SAS EG 5.1 to 8.1 a couple of months ago and the following started to happen.

When I try to open a dataset located in a subfolder within the "SASApp >Files" folder (root folder), the dataset is added to the Process Flow and opens up as expected, but the root folder at that time closes/collapses.

It seems as if the Server folder refreshes when I open a desired dataset.

This can be frustrating especially when there are many datasets that I need to open from a specific subfolder/subfolders, since if I double click to open the dataset, the folder collapses and I have to drill down to that subfolder again to open a different dataset.

This can escalate quickly if there are many datasets to many different subfolders.

I know there are ways to overcome this issue, such as:

- Identify first which datasets I want to open, and right click on each dataset  selecting "Add to project". This way, I can have all my datasets ready to open in my Process Flow. However if I open any of them then the root folder collapses again.

- Assign a library to each of the subfolders with the desired datasets and navigate through the libraries section to open these datasets. This way the libraries section does not collapse.

The main thing is that there are many users, used in operating the way I describe above in SAS EG 5.1 where this issue hadn't occurred. 

Does anybody has a similar issue?

Could this be how the 8.1 version operates by default or could it be a certain configuration that enables auto refresh on Files Folder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jebjur
SAS Employee

This is a known issue in Eguide 8.1 and was fixed in version 8.2. If you are not able to upgrade to Eguide 8.2, then the workaround (as you mentioned) would be to access the SAS data sets through an assigned library (SASApp - Libraries) and not the Server-Files location. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jebjur
SAS Employee

This is a known issue in Eguide 8.1 and was fixed in version 8.2. If you are not able to upgrade to Eguide 8.2, then the workaround (as you mentioned) would be to access the SAS data sets through an assigned library (SASApp - Libraries) and not the Server-Files location. 

ilountas
Calcite | Level 5
Good to know.
Thank you for your prompt reply.

Kind Regards

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation