BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AjayPrasad
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All,

When trying to install SAS EG 7.13 on a client machine, I see the attached error. Could you help with the solution !

Thanks,

Aj

error.png
8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

What does the log say?

AjayPrasad
Fluorite | Level 6

Please find the attached log.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Your log suggests you are installing SAS 9.4. Are you installing that as well as EG?

AjayPrasad
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, I am installing EG 7.13 aas part of SAS 94 installation.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Thanks for sharing the IT log.  The IT log shows that you are getting a 1603 error code returned from msiexec when attempting to execute the EG MSI installer.  If you also share your MSI log ("C:\Program Files\SAS94\InstallMisc\InstallLogs\install_eguide_7.13_win_en_2017-01-04-17.06.56.log"), it may provide additional details on why the 1603 error is occurring.  I'll be happy to take a look.

Btw, here is some info regarding the Microsoft Windows Installer 1603 error:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/834484

However, hopefully your MSI log will help us pinpoint the exact cause in your case.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

AjayPrasad
Fluorite | Level 6

Attached install_eguide_7.13_win_en_2017-01-04-17.06.56.log. Please review.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Thanks for providing the MSI log!

I can see in the MSI log that all of the EG dlls have been successfully layed down on the machine, but then the following exception occurs when EG attempts to register its components (thus the installation rolls back -- removes the dlls and cleans up):

CAQuietExec:  System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SAS.EC.Environment.CurrentApplication' threw an exception. ---> System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure

This exception almost always points to a missing or improperly installed system requirement (usually the .NET Framework or Visual C++ runtime).

I suggest opening a ticket with SAS Tech Support who will probably instruct and assist you with re-installing the appropriate Visual C++ runtimes and/or .NET Framework versions.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

AjayPrasad
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the reply.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation