Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS EG 7.13 Updater error

New Contributor

SAS EG 7.13 Updater error

Please see the attached log file for the error I got when I attempted to update SAS EG 7.100.3.5419 to 7.13 HF3 (7.100.3.5438).

Super User

Re: SAS EG 7.13 Updater error

Since EG is installed in the Program Files directory tree, it needs Administrator privileges to be updated.

I guess that your Windows userid "USER" does not have those.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I actually do have administrator privileges on the computer. Is there a workaround to this?
Super User

My guess comes from these two lines (437 & 438) in your log:

MSI (s) (34:5C) [15:33:33:323]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error 
MSI (s) (34:5C) [15:33:33:324]: Note: 1: 2262 2: AdminProperties 3: -2147287038 

The negative value in the second line is usually used by programmers for error conditions.

If the update is run from a .exe file, you can right-click it and select "Run as Administrator". If its a .msi, you might have to run a cmd as Administrator and start the .msi from there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

Thank you. This is helpful. I believe the update is a .msi file. Please can you direct me to a resource as to how to complete the update from command line?
Super User

[ Edited ]

Click the Windows Start Button, then type "cmd" in the Search Programs/Files field. The top entry should be cmd.exe. Right-click that, and select Run as Administrator.

Now use cd to change to the location where you stored the downloaded msi file. Enter .\the_whole_filename.msi and hit enter. Then the installation process should start.

If your problems persist even with that method, then open a track with SAS Technical Support.

SAS Super FREQ

What version of Windows are you trying to do this on?

I also noticed in the log that the user properties look generic:

Property(S): LogonUser = USER
Property(S): ComputerName = USER-PC

For example, your user paths contain "USER" (ex. "C:\Users\USER\") rather than a real user id.  I wonder if that is related to who the process is being run under.

Casey

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply, Casey Smith. I am running this on Window 10.
SAS Super FREQ

I suggest contacting SAS Technical Support as well.  I still think the fact that "USER" is being used, rather than a real user id, has something to do with it (perhaps the account under which the process is running).

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation