Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS EG 5.1 has encountered a problem

New Contributor

SAS EG 5.1 has encountered a problem

Hi,

I get this of kind of error every day, several times when I use my SAS EG 5.1 version. I don't understand what that error means. I tried to figure it out, but I didn't found any information. Can someone tell me what this means and how that error should be eliminated.My operation system is Windows 7 and Running in WOW64 (32-bit subsystem): yes.

I would really appreciate the help.

Community Manager

Re: SAS EG 5.1 has encountered a problem

This is something going awry with the project recovery feature.  Check the settings in Tools->Options, Project Recovery.  You can try increasing the interval for saving project work, and make sure the "Save location" is a local path that is stable (not a network location).

Chris

SAS Super FREQ

Also, make sure you have access permissions to the Recovery.xml file that is stored in that location (the location specified in your Tools->Options->Project Recovery->Save location).  For example, confirm that you can open it in a text editor.  Though I agree with Chris, it looks more like a possible network file storage issue.

New Contributor

Hi,

thank you both! The problem is now gone and I'm so happy!

Smiley Happy

regards, Mari

New Contributor

Hi,

Not exactly the same issue, but I noticed that Chris said to make sure not to use a network drive as a recovery location.  We use Citrix to host EG to our SAS Unix server and the local (virtuial) 'C:' drive contents are not guarnteed to carry forward to the next session.  It seemed that usig a network drive would solve this issue.  So, two questions:

1. Why not use a network drive for auto recovery?
  2. What is the best practice for auto recover setings for EG when running in a Citrix environment, i.e., location, save interval?

Many Thanks!

Ken

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation