Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS EG 4.2- Conditional Processing

SAS Employee

SAS EG 4.2- Conditional Processing

Hi,

I have a question about conditional processing for EG4.2. This is an amazing new feature of 4.2 and will be alot of use, my question comes when I try to export the code that is produced. It doesn't seem to export the conditional processing part.

Is this a 'feature' or is it something I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance
Community Manager

Re: SAS EG 4.2- Conditional Processing

That's true. Exported code, or the program created when you build a stored process, does not contain the conditional code. The conditions are evaluated in SAS code, but it's EG that controls what runs next based on the outcome of the condition -- it's not baked into the generated program logic.

It's on our list for a future release.

Chris
New Contributor

Do you know which version it's aimed for, Chris? 4.3?
Community Manager

Andy, no, not in 4.3, I'm afraid. But it remains on the list for a future release.

Chris
New Contributor

Thanks for the info, Chris.

I have a client who is migrating from V8 to V9.2. They write a lot of base SAS code for production/scheduled purposes - running on their unix server.

They had hoped to move to the use of EG visual coding for future developments - using the export code facility to generate their production code. The code is mostly ETL-like and is used to create marts from a warehouse. Without the ability to do conditional branches their usage will be severely curtailed.

I appreciate that the proper tool for the job is DI Studio, so I guess this is less of an issue for most EG users. DI Studio would meet all of their needs and then some Smiley Happy

Cheers

-Andy
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation