Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

SAS Add In Analytic outputs

Occasional Contributor ABZ
Occasional Contributor

SAS Add In Analytic outputs

Hi,

My organization is deciding it SAS add in is the best tool for end-users to conduct Quality Improvement analysis. I searched the "Tasks" and don't see the following:

G Charts

X/MR

T Chart

X Bar/S Chart

Cusum

Can anyone confirm that these are not part of the SAS add in package? 

Thanks! 

Super User

Re: SAS Add In Analytic outputs

When you say SAS Add In are you referring to SAS EG or SAS Add In for Microsoft Office?

Occasional Contributor

SAS Add in for Microsoft excel

PROC Star

I can't speak specifically to these formats, but one of the productivity-enhancing things about SAS is that it has a powerful data management, analysis, and charting toolkit, and custom code developed using these tools can be exposed to end-user tools such as Excel. So you could consider building any formats that are missing out-of-the-box.

Tom

Occasional Contributor

Thanks!

Super User

SAS will be able to do it, but the Add In is generic. It's designed for anyone to use. 

You're using it with a specific purpose so you can either build your custom tasks to create each chart you want or learn how to create those charts within the SAS graphing procedures available. 

SAS/QC is a module you should make sure you're purchasing as well, which is specifically Quality Control procedures. 

If you can't use the Add In as needed, you should be able to switch to SAS EG and either code or automate your processes via the GUI.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation