BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
weissalberich
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all -

I have built a SAS EG program on my local machine, where I have SAS Base.  I need to pass the program to a colleague who does not have SAS Base and runs her EG off our SAS server.  She cannot run my program because in her environment it cannot find the server LOCAL, of course as she does not have one.

Are there any steps I can take to modify my program to run on the server after it has been built locally, or are .egps built to run on a local machine doomed to work only on machines that have locally installed SAS Base?

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jebjur
SAS Employee

Then once the project is open in Enterprise Guide, go to Tools - Project Maintenance. It will prompt her to first save and close the project, but then the Project Maintenance dialog window will open. It shows you all the current definitions in the project on the left side. So if she selects 'Local', then clicks 'Replace in Project', it will let her choose a new server such as SASApp. Once that is done, she should be able to run the entire project against the SASApp server. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jebjur
SAS Employee

Gary,

If your colleague right-clicks on the program icon in the Enterprise Guide project, is she able to choose 'Select Server  --> SASApp'? 

weissalberich
Calcite | Level 5
Sorry - I used the wrong terminology. It's not just a program, it's a whole project - the whole .egp. There are a few embedded programs in the project, but it won't run any part of the .egp since it is looking for "Local" even if her profile is set to the server.
jebjur
SAS Employee

Then once the project is open in Enterprise Guide, go to Tools - Project Maintenance. It will prompt her to first save and close the project, but then the Project Maintenance dialog window will open. It shows you all the current definitions in the project on the left side. So if she selects 'Local', then clicks 'Replace in Project', it will let her choose a new server such as SASApp. Once that is done, she should be able to run the entire project against the SASApp server. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation