Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Reporting not filtering using a promopt from Stored process under SAS EG 7.1

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Reporting not filtering using a promopt from Stored process under SAS EG 7.1

Hi,

I have created a prompt using the SAS stored process under EG 7.1 - please see the attached prompt window. However, even when i select the Gender = 'M', the report generated from the stored process shows all the records including Gender = 'F'. Can someone see whats going on here.

Please advise.

SAS_prompt.PNG

Attachment

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-21-2017 01:52 PM
SAS Employee

Re: Reporting not filtering using a promopt from Stored process under SAS EG 7.1

How is your SAS code using the MULTISELECT_GENDER macro variable?  This code should work for the simple case that you show:

proc print data=sashelp.class;
  where (sex eq "&MULTISELECT_GENDER");
run; quit;

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

View solution in original post

All Replies
Trusted Advisor

Re: Reporting not filtering using a promopt from Stored process under SAS EG 7.1

Very likely you haven't modified that task that uses the filter to exploit it properly. Take a look at that, and try to figure out what you need to do to use the value of your prompt selection...it will be a macro variable.

Tom

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Tom.

Am looking at the LOG from the Stored process and the macro variable seem to resolve fine - user selects the "M" for Gender. Following is the partial paste from log. Not sure why the report from the Stored process also includes Gender = 'F' along with 'M'.

>>> SAS Macro Variables:

MULTISELECT_GENDER=M

MULTISELECT_GENDER_COUNT=1

Trusted Advisor

Unfortunately, I don't currently have access to an SP environment, so I can't provide a recipe to follow. Someone else will have to pick it up from here.

Occasional Contributor

Tom, Appreciate for your time.
Solution
‎04-21-2017 01:52 PM
SAS Employee

How is your SAS code using the MULTISELECT_GENDER macro variable?  This code should work for the simple case that you show:

proc print data=sashelp.class;
  where (sex eq "&MULTISELECT_GENDER");
run; quit;

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Vince; Now my code works the way it supposed to be.
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, missed your question. The MULTISELECT_GENDER is created via the prompt from the Stored Process and then i run your proc print code to make the report work.
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation