BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I have a dataset which has a time-series ( a day broken at 15 minute interval=96 slots) and a corresponding variable having values per 15 mins.

I have to show a single SLICE for each 3 hour interval of a day say value of variable at 3:00 forming one slice then 6:00 forming the second and so on....

Also the Legend should have colour-coding for values in these 8 different slices(24 hrs divided in eight 3 hour slots)

How do i do it in EG 4.1 using the wizard or can u provide me wid an alternative??

Thanks,
Nachiket
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm not sure what you are trying to do, so I suspect E.G. will have as much trouble. You have data which is granular at a given level, but you want to display it at a less granular level. So it seems the first thing you need to do is tell SAS how it is to assess the source data you have. Use a Data Summary task to create a new table with three hour granularity and populate it with your 15 minute data. To do that you'll need to decide whether your 3 hour slots will show SUM, MEAN, MAX, MEDIAN or some other value, and you will then have a table you can graph.

Use the Pie Chart task to take your data and plot it. I'm not clear on why you'd use a pie chart for this purpose, it seems to me that it will be difficult to read and interpret. A pie chart with slices sounds to me like a display of a clock face, but when the slice size will change with the data value it will be a very strange sort of clock. In your situation, I would use a bar chart which would be easily interpreted by any reader to distinguish differences between each 3 hour slot.

Kind regards

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation