BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SunilGupta
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have a situation in which the dataset is moved to another directory.  In my project file, is there a way for me to repoint to the dataset in the new directory without losing all of the tasks that depend on the dataset?  I would hate to manually recreate all queries and rerun tasks to reproduce the results with the updated dataset.

Thanks,

Sunil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In addition to Patrick's comment, I'd add that this situation is exactly why one should use libraries to point to SAS datasets in EGuide.  Move a project and just change the libname and you are back in business.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Hi Sunil

EG projects have file extension .egp but are actually zip files. You can open your eg project file with WinZip. You should then find a project.xml file in the zip archive.

Bit of a hack but: just modify the relevant path in this xml file and things should work again.

HTH

Patrick

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In addition to Patrick's comment, I'd add that this situation is exactly why one should use libraries to point to SAS datasets in EGuide.  Move a project and just change the libname and you are back in business.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Never tried it but eventually the migration wizard also allows you to re-map datasets:

C:\Program Files\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\<4.2 or 4.3>\MigrationWizard.exe

SunilGupta
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your replies to my question.  I will try these options and in the future, use libnames to reference datasets instead of pointing to them. 

SunilGupta
Obsidian | Level 7

I modified the project.xml file but must have missed something since Enterprise Guide could not open the file.  I will make sure to use libnames next time.  I assume once I apply libnames, I need to create a temp version of my datasets so that I can select it before running a task?  I can not open the dataset directly using the libnames to make it active?

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

For that one, the answer is "it depends".  If you store the output data in a permanent library, then you can use it directly.  If you store it in the WORK library (the default for Query Builder in 4.3), then you would have to rebuild it each time.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 in conversation