Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Reference unsaved code in process flow with %include

Occasional Contributor

Reference unsaved code in process flow with %include

There's plenty of simple solutions to accomplish my task that I know of, so this is more of a theoretical question:

- In my E/G projects, I typically only save the .egp, not the embedded .sas code
- Ex: My New.egp project has 3 code nodes:
- "code1.sas", "code2.sas", "code3.sas"
- Basically, I want to run just code3.sas, but have a %include("code1.sas") within it. Is this possible without code1.sas being saved outside of the project?
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Reference unsaved code in process flow with %include

Hi:
In a Display Manager interactive session (also known as the SAS Windowing Environment), it is possible to "recall" and %INCLUDE previously submitted lines of code, as described in the documentation:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/63026/HTML/default/viewer.htm#/documentation/cdl/...

However, since all EG code is submitted via "batch" or non-interactive mode on a server, I'm not sure whether this feature of %INCLUDE will work for you.

I do not believe you can %INCLUDE code that might be in the .EGP file. But the EG experts will have to chime in on this front.

I do know that I have successfully used %INCLUDE in an EG code node by referencing previously saved code (a previously saved .SAS file).

cynthia
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation