BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have a custom task which contains two steps, creating a dataset and using the dataset. When the dataset is generated, it shows "readonly". I can change it by deselecting the "readonly" in the Data menu. However when I save the project and open it again, the dataset inside goes back to "readonly" again. Is there a way like changing the default setting that I don't need to deselect the "readonly" every time? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Winnie,

Yes, you can set the option in Tools->Options->Data: General. It's "Use data tables in unprotected (read/write) mode". If you check the option, EG will automatically attempt to open tables in "update" mode when you add/open them in your project.

The treatment applies to all tables, not just those generated by your task. I suspect you might find this isn't the behavior you want in general, but you can try it for yourself.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Great! Thank you, Chris!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation