BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jpays
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Chris,

New to SAS and having trouble create the app object ... something to the effect that the ActiveX can't create the object.

What are the prerequisites/dependence for making this work?

Dim app

Set app = CreateObject("SASEGObjectModel.Application.5.1")

I'm tring to fire up and run sas from within a VBA context/Excel 2010.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can try this from a command prompt to register the automation API in the 32-bit registry:

c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm /codebase c:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\5.1\sasegscripting.dll

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Are you using the 32-bit version of EG 5.1? Or the 64-bit version?  When running from within MS Office, the bitness must match between Office and SAS Enterprise Guide, since they will be in the same process (EXCEL.EXE).

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
jpays
Calcite | Level 5

64-bit of EG 5.1

Looks like 32-bit of Excel.  I hope that's not a show stopper.

-Joe

jpays
Calcite | Level 5

FYI. Someone else in my group with the same setup seem NOT to have the same difficulty.  Wondering in if the .dll need to be registered/certified/other.  Let me know you need me to test anything out from this end.

Thanks again.

-Joe

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can try this from a command prompt to register the automation API in the 32-bit registry:

c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm /codebase c:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\5.1\sasegscripting.dll

Chris

jpays
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks.

That yields the error below.  Any other thoughts?

RegSvr32.png

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Are you sure that you ran regasm.exe and not regsvr32.exe ?  This is a .NET library -- you need to run regasm.

SEGuide.exe /register also does this, but it might affect only your 64-bit registry which won't make things visible to your Microsoft Excel.

Chris

jpays
Calcite | Level 5

Oops.  My bad - thought I had pasted your's but must have hit the up arrow instead.

All is well now.  Thanks so much.

-Joe

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation