BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ncsthbell
Quartz | Level 8
I am a newbie to SAS, have had no training (as of yet) so I apologize up front for any dumb questions I may ask! I am on SAS EG 4.2

I am using query builder and I have created some prompts using the 'Prompt Manager'. However, when I run the query builder the prompts do not present. Am I missing a step or something?

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Ncsthbell,

As far as I know promts are related to programs only. If you code something and run it then prompts will appear.

Sincerely,
SPR
ncsthbell
Quartz | Level 8
I have seen the use of prompts in SAS EG 4.2, actually in a demo. When you are in EG, it has the 'prompt manager' that allows you to build a prompt so when you execute your query (query builder) it does the prompt you just defined.

I have not 'coded' any SAS code yet. I am learning EG and it builds the code for you behind the scenes.
Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9
Under the filter tab of the query builder, you must associate your prompt(s) to column(s) within your dataset.

Here is an example of a basic filter with a single prompt:

Go to the filter tab, click the new filter icon

1. choose a basic filter, click next
2. select a column to filter on, click next
3a. select an operator (e.g. equal to, in a list, etc.)
3b.click the down arrow next to the Value text box, click the Prompts tab, select your prompt, click next
4. click finish

Run the query builder, and the prompt should present itself.
ncsthbell
Quartz | Level 8
THANKS Technolero!!! That was the step I was missing. My prompts are working perfectly!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation