Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Prompt & Date/Time variable not match.

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Prompt & Date/Time variable not match.

Hi,

How do I create a new column where the time stamp is removed?  Please see the image below for how the column, IGTAccountCreated, is structured.

Capture.PNG

I want a new column with the time stamp removed.  How I go about that?

I need the time stamp removed because Prompt Manager does not recognize time stamp at the end of the date.  It only recognize by this format: "March 17, 2015". See image below for my prompt setting.

Capture1.PNG

I formatted IGTAccountCreated to "01Jan14".I know the prompt worked because when I ran the process it does not gave me an error but no data shown.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-17-2015 03:32 PM
Grand Advisor

Re: Prompt & Date/Time variable not match.

Your prompt type is Date, but you have a date time variable. There should be a prompt time that is date time as well.

To answer your question you can use the datepart function to get the date only portion from a date time variable. There are a variety of locations where this could be implemented.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-17-2015 03:32 PM
Grand Advisor

Re: Prompt & Date/Time variable not match.

Your prompt type is Date, but you have a date time variable. There should be a prompt time that is date time as well.

To answer your question you can use the datepart function to get the date only portion from a date time variable. There are a variety of locations where this could be implemented.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation