Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

ProjectDesigner-LINKS-Task Queue

N/A

ProjectDesigner-LINKS-Task Queue

Somehow I did it before where I could stack code sections in a QUEUE in the TASK WINDOW. But now I cannot repeat it, and when I select a second code to run it runs simultaneously rather than consecutively with the one first code I want to run. I want the second code to await in the QUEUE for execution of the first code.
I had done it earlier, as I do recall, in Proect Designer window, where I can right click a code icon and get option to LINK that code to another code. It was in making this LINK, I thought, that the code would await as QUEUED in the TASK STATUS WINDOW, behind the CODE THAT NOW INCLUDES A LINK TO THE SECOND CODE IN SEQUENCE.
DOES ANYONE RECALL HOW TO TO THIS?
Community Manager

Re: ProjectDesigner-LINKS-Task Queue

That's exactly right: you can enforce dependencies/run sequence by linking your code items together. You can create links by right-clicking on the item you want to run first and selecting "Link to...". You'll be presented with a list of items in the project to choose from. You can also "draw" the link directly, by clicking near the dotted-line border of the selected item and drawing a line to the target item.

Chris
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation