Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Proc import in SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3

Frequent Contributor

Proc import in SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3

Hi,

I am trying to import an Excel spreadsheet into SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3 using the following code:

proc import out=cohort

datafile="\\C:\Datafile.xlsx"

dbms=excel replace;

run;

When I run this, I get an error message saying that dbms type Excel is not valid for import. If I replace excel with xlsx in the code, I get the same error message.

Any help is much appreciated.

Trusted Advisor

Re: Proc import in SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3

There are a lot of permutations between Excel and SAS. Does anything from this thread help?

Tom

https://communities.sas.com/thread/40828

Occasional Contributor

I've had the same thing happen.  There is a problem with some versions of SAS that you can't import/export to Excel and Access.  I convert the Excel file into a text file (tab-delimited or comma-delimited) and then import it.

Occasional Contributor

First thing to check is your licensing;  make no assumptions whenever troubleshooting.

Regular Learner

Hi,

When I run this, I get an error message saying that dbms type Excel is not valid for import. If I replace excel with xlsx in the code, I get the same error message.

first check ur saseg settings it is only for server thats why u are getting 'dbms type Excel is not valid for import'. 

For this u can use import directly. 

go to file >> import data >>  browse the file, then click  ok button, then finish button .

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation