BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jmobball34
Calcite | Level 5

New SAS user here. 

I'm trying to generate a basic bar chart displaying average scores. The bars are grouped by  "Analyst" names. When I run the code, the graph text displaying the names (Analyst Value) is positioned vertically. How do I rotate the text of the category values to make it readable?

proc gchart data=work.qa_data;
	vbar Analyst / type=mean sumvar=Total_Score space=3 width=4;
run;

img0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

something like this

axis1 value=(angle=90);
	vbar Analyst / type=mean sumvar=Total_Score space=3 width=4 maxis=axis1;
run;
--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

something like this

axis1 value=(angle=90);
	vbar Analyst / type=mean sumvar=Total_Score space=3 width=4 maxis=axis1;
run;
--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User
And just a quick note, that if you're new to SAS and graphing, using SG procedures is a better way to go, in particular SGPLOT. The Graph procedures are limited and don't look as nice.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Reeza wrote:
And just a quick note, that if you're new to SAS and graphing, using SG procedures is a better way to go, in particular SGPLOT. The Graph procedures are limited and don't look as nice.

Yes, I agree with this, and furthermore, my opinion is that the SG procedures are easier to use as well. But I'm sure there are many instruction videos/manuals/books that still show SAS/GRAPH and PROC GCHART, these are still supported and can be used.

--
Paige Miller
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Adding

I have 30 years of experience with SAS/GRAPH and so I can come up with a lot of SAS/GRAPH plotting code in my sleep. Speed of coding is an advantage to me; and even though I did say I think SG is easier, I'm still learning it.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

@PaigeMiller wrote:

Adding

I have 30 years of experience with SAS/GRAPH and so I can come up with a lot of SAS/GRAPH plotting code in my sleep. Speed of coding is an advantage to me; and even though I did say I think SG is easier, I'm still learning it.

Quite agree @PaigeMiller and there are still things involving axis appearances, depending on the graph type, I haven't figured out with SG procedures that are available in the Axis statement. I will say I don't miss Symbol very much though and am really learning to love the ATTRMAP possibilities.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 in conversation