BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
phelipegp
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone, I have some shapefiles from Brazil map and I want to merge then with some stats to create a heat map or anything like that. I found a lot of tutorials with examples on how to work with .kml files and SAS but I only have the SAS Enterprise Guide and the codes provided by the authors doenst seem to work, someone could help me with some tutorial? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The built-in maps that SAS provides don't always have the same detailed boundaries that are appropriate for the detailed reporting you might want to do for a locality.  That was the inspiration behind my Australia example

Still, it might be worth it to visit SAS MapsOnline to see if there are updates you can use.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

There are a lot of free tools to convert KML to SHP files out there, use one of those and then come back to your original problem.

SAS also has built in maps for many countries, so another question is do you even need to use the SHP file in the first place?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The built-in maps that SAS provides don't always have the same detailed boundaries that are appropriate for the detailed reporting you might want to do for a locality.  That was the inspiration behind my Australia example

Still, it might be worth it to visit SAS MapsOnline to see if there are updates you can use.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Reeza
Super User

geocommons.com will allow you to convert KML to SHP

depending on size of your files of course Smiley Happy

EDIT: I was reading your question backwards, KML ->SHP rather than SHP->KML but the geocommons website will still accomplish either conversion.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation