BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nidhi123
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I've made several SAS OLAP cubes on linux (sas 9.2 is installed). Some of the cubes get a error message when I open them in SAS EG which says: "The cube has too few dimensions" .... sometimes "couldnt find the source table, ...mycube libname is not assigned". The strange thing is that not all of them fail, They are located on the same place and have same authorization. I dont understand what is going on?????

(When I open them in OLAP cube studio I get error message: The set is empty)

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

While I am not a user of SAS OLAP, I suggest you check the SAS environment in which you created the cubes and the EG environment where you are trying to open them are set up the same. Do they have the same libnames assigned and are they pointing to the same directories? Your error about the MYCUBE libname not being assigned is a clue to your problem.

nidhi123
Calcite | Level 5

Libnames assigned are same. The strange thing is that other cubes that I have made, have the same authorization and assignements, open up without error.

Prab
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

SAS EG 5.1 application going hung when opened olap and did drill through data.

ERROR:

2013-03-07T14:12:52,379 DEBUG [00002442] 53:XXXXXXX (CIOMmdxfdci.c:776) - IOM RETURN -1={compRef:2aaaac4a5bd0}->FlatDataSet::Init(): text=<?xml version="1.0" ?><Exceptions><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The immediate MDX execution failed</SASMessage></Exception><Exception><SASMessage severity="Note">select *  from gbrlrn.FLAT_PRDSALEde_DE NÅÃÅ�⪪�⪪�⪪�⪪</SASMessage></Exception><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The immediate MDX execution failed</SASMessage></Exception><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The server encountered an error accessing a source data table.</SASMessage></Exception></Exceptions>

2013-03-07T14:12:52,379 DEBUG [00002442] 53:xxxxxxx (CIOMmdxfdci.c:99) - IOM ENTRY FlatDataSet {compRef:2aaaac4a5bd0}->CompDtor()

2013-03-07T14:12:52,379 TRACE [00002442] 53:xxxxxxx (CIOMmdxsci.c:13490) - IOM CALL {compRef:2aaaac4a4aa0}->Session::RemoveChild():

2013-03-07T14:12:52,379 TRACE [00002442] 53:xxxxxxx (CIOMmdxsci.c:13771) - IOM RETURN 0={compRef:2aaaac4a4aa0}->Session::RemoveChild():

2013-03-07T14:12:52,379 DEBUG [00002442] 53:xxxxxxx (CIOMmdxfdci.c:290) - IOM RETURN FlatDataSet 0={compRef:2aaaac4a5bd0}->CompDtor()

2013-03-07T14:12:52,379 DEBUG [00002442] 53:xxxxxxx (CIOMmdxsci.c:4359) - IOM RETURN -1={compRef:2aaaac4a4aa0}->Session::MDXQueryFlat(): text=<?xml version="1.0" ?><Exceptions><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The immediate MDX execution failed</SASMessage></Exception><Exception><SASMessage severity="Note">select *  from gbrlrn.FLAT_PRDSALEde_DE NÅÃÅ�⪪�⪪�⪪�⪪</SASMessage></Exception><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The immediate MDX execution failed</SASMessage></Exception><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The server encountered an error accessing a source data table.</SASMessage></Exception></Exceptions>

Regards,

Prabhuk

mfab
Quartz | Level 8

Hey there Prabhuk,

good thinking of you to add the error message.

From this part 'The server encountered an error accessing a source data table.' I would suggest that you maybe deleted the source/drill-through table or such table after you finished building your cubes.

To clarify:

When you build a cube, you are acutally building the structure of a cube and its metadata for dimensions, measures, aggregations, permissions, etc.

The only actual data in the cube itself are some or all aggregations (in this case meaning the values in different levels of intersections) in the cube.

To calculate and display non pre-calculated aggregations (or intersections) or to perform a drill through to detail data, the cube does rely on its source/drill-through table to calculate or present data as requested by the user.

It seems you have run into just such a situation.

What you may want to do is check that you have all source tables registered in the metadata.

In the cube studio you might want to edit the cube structure again (use that edit wizard) and check where it says 'Cube Designer - Drill-Through'. Is your table still visible and accessible from there? (try to show the data of the table from the wizard)

Alternatively you might want to export the cubes code (via rightclick on the cube) and check the section at the beginning of the code:

[...]

PROC OLAP

CUBE                   = "/Metadata_Path/OLAP_Scheme/Cube_Name"

DATA                   = Source_Lib.Source_Table

DRILLTHROUGH_TABLE     = maybesomeotherlib.some_table

PATH                   = '/Physical_Path'

DESCRIPTION            = 'Description'

;

[...]

DATA and DRILLTHROUGH_TABLE might be but are not required to be identical. Both libraries and tables should be registered in the metadata and be accessible.

Hope this helps, otherwise let us know what your findings or further errors are.

Cheers,

Michael

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation