BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi
I am not able to generate SAS Report through EG.
I am using List Data Task to generate the report.
I have selected Tools->Option SAS Report.
Then also SAS Report is not generated.
Kindly give some solution.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The SASReport option is an XML description of the output from a SAS procedure or process or EG Task (like List Data). The SASReport XML description is compatible with the SAS Enterprise Intelligence (business intelligence) platform -- this is the kind of report format used by SAS Web Report Studio, the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office and other BI client applications.

You might want to UNCHECK SASReport (in Tools --> Options) and check one of the other file output types, such as HTML, RTF, PDF or Text output. Decide which output you like best. Generally, when you create SASReport output in EG, EG takes the XML and renders it so it looks like an HTML output file. So, for starters, my recommendation would be that you just unselect SASReport and choose HTML as the output type.

Choosing SASReport for EG is not something the everyday EG user would do. If you convert your EG task into a SAS stored process, then the Stored Process Wizard makes sure that the most flexible output type is chosen for your stored process -- for example, SASReport is the default format for use with Web Report Studio but HTML is the default format for returning results to SAS Enterprise Guide.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for the information but i want to generate SAS report so that i can publish it to Web Report Studio.
Any other settings is required other than what i have done.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
That is just about the only instance where you might need to use the SASReport output type.

If you can't generate SASReport XML from SAS Enterprise Guide and you have a working installation of the SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform and a webDAV server configured properly, then your best source of help is to contact SAS Tech Support to help you figure out the cause of the problem.

To send a question to Tech Support, go to http://support.sas.com/ and in the left-hand navigation pane, click on the link entitled "Submit a Problem".

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation