BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
imdickson
Quartz | Level 8

I have a set of data that has no duplication and with the only info that i need for reporting.

Im doing this by using SAS EG GUI drag and drop, not by coding.

Here is my problem.

I can get the List Report and displaying properly if i view it as Full report with every records in it with a SUM at the end counting my Car price..

If i set it to group(create a seperate table for each value of) with Month, i should be getting the results of every month's sales record with a total amount for each month. But, Im only getting the Final total at the most bottom of the report. I tried tweaking the settings in Page Break, tried putting the Total by Grand Total, it will duplicates all my records for each and every field.

Let me show u my data and step by step

Clean data.jpg

As you can see, these are my data. I want to show the Car record by ColumnX_CarMANUMONTH with the SUM of Carprice in every month.

I then make a full report with the SUM of carprice(for some reason, the Same carmake will not appear and appear as blank, need ur advice):

Report.jpg

But when i try to set it to separate table based on MONTH:

reporting problem 3.png

and with Page break of grand Total:

reporting problem 5.png

I then only get this result:

reporting problem 6.png

As you can see, there is only a CARPRICE SUM at the most bottom of the report. What i want is to have a SUM for every month.

I then modify the task Page Break into this:

reporting problem 4.png

And then im getting this:

reporting problem 1.png

I spent a long time trying all the other settings and still no luck. I then google and found some basic code that can do Reporting.

Here are my code:

PROC SORT DATA=WORK.QUERY_FOR_TRNSTRANSPOSEDAPPEND_T OUT=WORK.YANDHIMONTH;

BY COLUMNX_CARMANUMONTH;

PROC PRINT DATA=WORK.YANDHIMONTH;

VAR ColumnX_CARMANUMONTH ColumnX_CARMAKE ColumnX_CARMODEL ColumnX_CARTYPE ColumnX_CARYEAR;

SUM CARPRICE;

BY ColumnX_CARMANUMONTH;

title 'YANDHI IS KING';

RUN;

and guess what, i got what i want (but i am still thinking on how to insert title and let all the table have the same alignment)

reporting problem 7.png

As you all can see, there is a SUM in every month. This is my expectation by using drag and drop in SAS EG but so far no luck on my side.

I need your kind advice to help me on this.

Best Regards, 

Dickson

Clean data.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Manu_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Click on the dataset in SAS EG.

Go to Task List, click "List Data"

image1.PNG

In Data tab, drag and drop the variables to "List variables" panel in the right.

drag n drop your month column in "group analysis by", carprice column in "total of"

image2.PNG

Go to Options tabs, uncheck the print the row number.

Go to Title tab, uncheck the Use default text and tyoe your custom title.

click run.

image3.PNG

This is the simple list report. Hope might help you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Manu_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Click on the dataset in SAS EG.

Go to Task List, click "List Data"

image1.PNG

In Data tab, drag and drop the variables to "List variables" panel in the right.

drag n drop your month column in "group analysis by", carprice column in "total of"

image2.PNG

Go to Options tabs, uncheck the print the row number.

Go to Title tab, uncheck the Use default text and tyoe your custom title.

click run.

image3.PNG

This is the simple list report. Hope might help you.

imdickson
Quartz | Level 8

Thx man, u helped me. This is exactly what i want. Meaning i shouldn't use "List Report".

Thx again.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation