BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Reeza
Super User

This isn't my question per se, but rather a idea, and I was wondering if what the OP asked wasn't already possible in SAS EG

https://communities.sas.com/ideas/1476

Quite often I'd like to parameter things in SAS Enterprise Guide that are not allowed to.

For instance, when importing data, I would like to use a parameter in a part of the file name, so that if the files I use are put in another repository I would just have to replace it in a parameter.

It would also be convenient to be able to parameter SAS Datasets names in Query Builder (in any task actually) so that we could use files whose names change every month (FOO_2013_12 for instance),

Françoois Bourgneuf

1 REPLY 1
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Yes you can.....

Use a environtvariable in the usermods script of the related app server eg:

- export sasbasenam=/data/location/tobeset

or

- set  sasbasenam=/data/location/tobeset   (sas usermods config file)

With some scripting on Unix/Windos it sould be easy to vary those name.

It also possible to build SAS code that generates a script that is being called at startup. A little bit tricky to get reliable my advice is a wle tested professional approach on that.

In the source repository or other physical filename use a !  eg:

!sasbasenam/yoursrc        (this can be metadata or just SAS code)

What happens is the fully name will be used. in this case: /data/location/tobeset/yoursrc  

By this you can achieve fully dynamic physical namings varying on the appserver being used.

SAS(R) 9.3 Companion for UNIX Environments (even fileref can be an environment var0

SAS(R) 9.4 Companion for Windows, Second Edition (windows better documented) 

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation