Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Opening SAS program via file path

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Opening SAS program via file path

I have a simple question about opening a SAS program. I am using SAS EG 7.1 and connected with a SAS server. 

When I open a SAS program in a pop up window (File -> Open -> Program), if the program is located on a Windows shared drive, I can simply put in the file path to the program. For example, entering “\\Uszzaschnas03\shared\xxxxxxx\test.sas” in the File name and clicking open will work.

However, I don’t know how to open programs that are saved on the SAS server via a file path. I checked the macro value &_SASPROGRAMFILE, which is something like "/data/sas_cdlib/xxxxxxx". But when I enter the file path into the "File name", it gives me an error saying the file does not exist.

Do you know how to open a program on the SAS server via a file path? I am working on some automation projects and trying to avoid clicking through the folders to open a program.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-23-2018 10:14 PM
Super User

Re: Opening SAS program via file path

Posted in reply to eeendless

A file path like "/data/sas_cdlib/xxxxxxx" won't work in EG because your PC has no knowledge of that. It is possible to set up a file share from your Unix SAS server but that would have to be set up by an IT administrator and it could look something like this:

"//MySASServer/data/sas_cdlib/xxxxxxx".

In EG you could run the statement %include "/data/sas_cdlib/xxxxxxx"; which should read in the program and run it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-23-2018 10:14 PM
Super User

A file path like "/data/sas_cdlib/xxxxxxx" won't work in EG because your PC has no knowledge of that. It is possible to set up a file share from your Unix SAS server but that would have to be set up by an IT administrator and it could look something like this:

"//MySASServer/data/sas_cdlib/xxxxxxx".

In EG you could run the statement %include "/data/sas_cdlib/xxxxxxx"; which should read in the program and run it.

New Contributor

I will go with the second (easier) solution. Thanks!
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation