BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm a complete newbie to Enterprise Guide, and I'm trying to access my SAS library but to no avail. My library engine is oracle based. Can someone offer a few pointers or make some suggestions on how I can do this?

Jam2007
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi...well, it depends on whether you have a "standalone" EG install and are using SAS on a server or whether you are working within the confines of the Enterprise Intelligence Platform (where all data access is controlled through the Metadata Server).

Generally speaking, the LIBNAME statement has a way to point to an Oracle table and thus, allow you to treat the table as a SAS data set.
[pre]
libname myoralib oracle user="robert" password="mypswd" path="thepath" ;
[/pre]
Subsequent references to your table would then be
[pre]
data=myoralib.mytable
[/pre]

However, the answer really is more involved than just issuing a LIBNAME statement -- your SAS administrator may need to ensure that you have the appropriate SAS/Access product for Oracle and make sure that you have the correct access privileges to the tables.

I suggest that you contact Tech Support for the correct answer considering your particular configuration and installation setup.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you Cynthia, you're feedback is appreciated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation