BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Everybody,

I am using http://analytics.ncsu.edu/sesug/2010/RIV10.Jolley.pdf paper to create my maps. I have PC version of SAS 5.1(no server) with following products licenses.

---Base SAS Software                                                                                    29JUN2015 

---SAS/STAT                                                                                             29JUN2015 

---SAS/GRAPH                                                                                            29JUN2015 

---SAS Enterprise Miner                                                                                 29JUN2015 

---SAS Enterprise Guide                                                                                 29JUN2015 

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files                                                                     29JUN2015 

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB                                                                       29JUN2015 

---SAS Enterprise Miner for Desktop                                                                     29JUN2015 

---SAS Workspace Server for Local Access                                                                29JUN2015 

---SAS Add-in for Microsoft Excel                                                                       29JUN2015 

I am surprise that my SAS do not have Map|Graph options. I have map Chart options in tasks>>Graph>>Graph Chart. This paper also mentions that I need to have MAPS  library of SAS/GRAPH to be installed. I have MAPS library in my Servers>>Local>>Libraries>>MAPS.

I am wondering what do I need to do get GRAPH|MAP options.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

After you select a map data set in the Maps library then you get the mapping options.

learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Ballardw,

I went to Servers>>Local>>Maps>>US2 and put that dataset to my process flow and went to tasks>>Graph but still did not see the options. Am I missing something important?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The menus are not adjusted automatically based on product licenses.  There are two other possibilities:

1. Your SAS administrator has restricted the tasks that you see.  You can check this by looking at the status area at the bottom of the SAS Enterprise Guide screen.  If you see "Functions: Restricted" then you know that the admin has adjusted what you can access.

task_restrict.png

2. Your tasks are not properly registered -- something wrong happened during installation or since installation.  See this SAS Note for a remedy.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Chris, Tried both

1. Profile_Not_Selected.PNG I have Local machine SAS. Is it possible to restrict the access when I have Local machine SAS?

2. Ran options two. All of the options on Tasks>>Data matches exactly as in SAS Note for a remedy but still I do not have Map|Graph.

Did anything significantly changed bettween 4.3 vs 5.1.   I am asking since paper http://analytics.ncsu.edu/sesug/2010/RIV10.Jolley.pdf usied 4.3 and I am referencing this paper as my source.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You're correct -- your options cannot be restricted in No Profile mode.

Here's another good paper on using Map Chart:

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/311-2011.pdf

The Map Chart task was revamped in SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3, so the instructions should be good for 4.3 and later.

Re-reading your original post, I think you have it all there.  The Map Chart task is under the Graph tasks.

graphmenu.png

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation