BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ncsthbell1
Calcite | Level 5
I am just starting to learn SAS so I have a long way to go. I very much appreciate any help I can get. Here is my problem: I have created an Oracle view and it has been registered to metadata. I go into EG, I started a new project and I have done a 'drag & drop' to bring my view into my project. This view takes a long time to run and the data is static so I want to create a permanent table as the next step after the view and use this to build my reports so the view does not have to run each time. I looked in the 'task list' and just see 'append table'. I can not figure out how to create this next step to 'create table'.

Also, any suggestions on a good book to help me learn EG?
Thanks so much!
1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Second question first. I like the "SAS for dummies" book (first edition is for EGuide 4.1, second is for 4.2 and 4.3). "The little SAS book for Enterprise guide 4.x" is also good.

The QUERY BUILDER task is one way you can take an oracle view and make it into a static SAS dataset. Two things specifically to look at.
1) the options button to make sure that it creates a permanent data set
2) the name of the output dataset (in top right corner).
Remember that the F1 function key provides context sensitive help for any task.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation