BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7

Any ideas?  The modeler said that he ran his program in a loop and SAS worked ok for the first 32 files.

Then he got the following error:

ERROR: Invalid Operation.

ERROR: Termination due to Floating Point Exception

We are using SAS EG 6.1 with SAS 9.4 on a Linux Server.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

4 REPLIES 4
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

This is the kind of error that SAS should trap and report with something a little more sensible. I would suggest trying to run it again. If it works, write it off to cosmic rays. If this happens again, report it to SAS Tech Support.

Tom

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Agree with Tom -- if the error repeats, it's one for Tech Support.  But if you provide more details about which SAS procedure was involved and the amount of data, we might be able to provide some hints.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Chris.  I've been trying to get the modeler to provide more details to me, like the code and the log, but I haven't received those yet.  Just thought I'd see if anyone had some hints.  That's why I haven't created my SAS ticket yet.

Thanks again,

Linda

JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi Linda,

Can you provide more details regarding what your modeler is doing? Having the SAS log would be very helpful.

You may want to open a tech support track on this.

Best wishes,

Jeff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation