BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ritz
Calcite | Level 5

Hello! I am new to this group and in serious trouble .

Accidently i saved a SAS project over another EG project 😞

I use SAS EG 5.1 and have been trying to recover my original project since morning. I tried to recover it from %TEMP% but unfortunately in temp i have a very old copy saved (last week's) there is a folder for yesterday but it is empty with no rcv file.

I need to recover the latest file atleast from yesterday to be able to save my week's effort.

Is there a way to do that? Please suggest!!!
Thank You!

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Do you have anything that backs up your computer's data files daily? if so look into restoring from the backup. If not this is likely to be a very difficult project.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

It appears you have already checked out the auto-recovery area of EG. As that hasn't helped and where you are saving projects, like your PC local drive is not being backed up then there is very little you can do.

That's why you should always save your permanent SAS projects on storage that is backed up, like a network drive. In most organisations local PC drives are not backed up.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation