Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

My favorite SAS Enterprise Guide options

Community Manager

My favorite SAS Enterprise Guide options

Respected Advisor

Re: My favorite SAS Enterprise Guide options

Hi Chris

Thanks for sharing.

What is the reason that these option settings are not becoming the default for new SAS EG installations/releases?

And other options which I believe should be installation default:
- "close data grid after period of inactivity" - set to something like 10 minutes as default could help to avoid a lot of grief with locked tables "by default".

- no automatic opening of datasets when added to project or when running scripts

- and something new: when running scripts creating several tables and views then please please please don't have a view as first thing in the stack so when I must use the "Output" tab to look at one of the tables the view gets executed.

Thanks
Patrick
Community Manager

Patrick,

Good suggestions! Some options do graduate to the default. For example, EG always closes output data before re-running tasks/programs (an option that, when unset, could trigger data file contention issues).

We'll take these suggestions under consideration. There is a trade-off (sometimes) between ease-of-use and performance, and sometimes we need to tweak the options settings to handle the predominant usage scenarios.

Chris
Respected Advisor

Makes sense.
Really appreciate your commitment and customer focus.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation