BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I've created a SAS library that uses SAS/ACCESS to connect to an Oracle database. I've been successfull in referencing the library to a single schema, however, I can't get it work with multiple schemas.

Can someone help?
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
I can only point you toward the SCHEMA= option on the libname statement:

http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/002/002733.html
http://support.sas.com/faq/038/FAQ03822.html

A search of SAS Notes for "oracle schema" will yield many other possible hints.

http://support.sas.com/techsup/search/sasnotes.html

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
niki_02468
Calcite | Level 5

Hi.

The links are not available anymore (it is an old queistion). Could you provide more detailed?

In particular I am interested in solving the following problem. 

I am able to create a SAS library per schema in SQL Server with LIBNAME ODBC...Statements like this:

LIBNAME SchemaA

ODBC 

schema="SchemaA"

noprompt="xxx";

LIBNAME SchemaB

ODBC 

shema="SchemaB"

noprompt="xxx";

My idea is then to concatinate the created libriries in a SAS library named "database" as follows:

libname database (SchemaA SchemaB);

However, I have there a problem: Tables with the same names (but different contents) exist in both schemas.

How can I solve this issue?

PROC DATASET CHANGE is not an option, as I am not allowed to change table names on the SQL server.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

As the SAS system will always use the first appearance of a name in a concatenated library, this won't work. You need to concatenate the tables(datasets) from the separate libraries whenever you use them.

You could write a program that searches for such tables and automatically creates views that do the concatenation.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@niki_02468 - It is common practice and certainly simpler to define separate SAS libraries for each external database schema. 

deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks. I'm going to try this out when I get back to the office.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation