BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ShenQicheng
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I developed some multi language(support English and Japanes) custom tasks and they worked fine on Ennterprise Guide 6.1 and 7.1.

I upgraded Enterprise Guide from 7.1 to 7.11 on my Japaness Windows 7.1 yesterday, and find every thing that has been displayed in Japanese until now is now in English.

Is there any change on specs that I should update my programs to fix the issue?

Shen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Prior to 7.11, the thread culture (CurrentCulture) and thread UI culture (CurrentUICulture) were always the same and matched the EG display language.  Starting in 7.11, they can be set independently (some users prefer EG to display in one language, but for culture-specific values to be formatted in another).  The thread culture is determined by your Windows Regional Settings and affects the default format for dates, times, numbers, currency values, the sorting order of text, casing conventions, and string comparisons.  The thread UI culture is determined by your EG display language (set in Tools->Options->General) and controls which culture-specific resources are loaded at run-time.  If your EG display language is set to Japanese, then your thread's CurrentUICulture will be set to "ja", which should load "ja" resources for your custom task if present.  Also, make sure you are using CurrentUICulture (rather than CurrentCulture) when you need to get the display culture/language.  Use CurrentCulture for formatting of dates, times, etc.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You might need to change your EG 7.11 language settings under the Tools menu, Options, General. Try choosing Japanese there.

ShenQicheng
Obsidian | Level 7

The language setting is Japanese. I tried Japanese->English->Japanese but nothing changed.

I must correct my first post that not everything on form is displayed in English. SAS controls, such as TaskSelectedData and SASVariableSelector, are displayed in Japanese fine.

And built-in tasks are also displayed in Japanese fine.

Any further advice?

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Prior to 7.11, the thread culture (CurrentCulture) and thread UI culture (CurrentUICulture) were always the same and matched the EG display language.  Starting in 7.11, they can be set independently (some users prefer EG to display in one language, but for culture-specific values to be formatted in another).  The thread culture is determined by your Windows Regional Settings and affects the default format for dates, times, numbers, currency values, the sorting order of text, casing conventions, and string comparisons.  The thread UI culture is determined by your EG display language (set in Tools->Options->General) and controls which culture-specific resources are loaded at run-time.  If your EG display language is set to Japanese, then your thread's CurrentUICulture will be set to "ja", which should load "ja" resources for your custom task if present.  Also, make sure you are using CurrentUICulture (rather than CurrentCulture) when you need to get the display culture/language.  Use CurrentCulture for formatting of dates, times, etc.

ShenQicheng
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, Casey.

I debugged my task and found the differece between 7.1 and 7.11 just same as you said. But the reason of  why my task displayed wrong language is that EG7.11 use the neutral culture(ja) for CurrentUICulture while EG7.1 use the specific one(ja-JP), and I only implemented the ja-JP.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Shen, you are welcome.  Yes, you are correct... that changed in 7.11 as part of those changes as well.  The CurrentUICulture in 7.11 matches the language folders in the EG installation directory exactly, thus neutral cultures (except for the three Chinese languages, differentiated by specific cultures), whereas EG 7.1 assumed the default region, thus always used a specific culture.  Glad you figured it out!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation