BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
arnaudd
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I have an EG project with two servers loaded (one local and one remote server). Both servers have their own work library. The "query builder" boxes and "filter and sort" boxes are identified as local and produce data sets in the work of my local server.

The problem is: The data set of my "local" library work (produced by query builder for example) cannot be accessed (and used as input) by the program boxes defined on "remote" server (select server = remote server).

Is there a way to make the communication between both server? Should I redefine every output data sets on the work of my remote server? It could take a long time (and I'm not sure it will work...), I would prefer to find a faster solution...

It seems that both server cannot communicate with each other...

Thanks for your help!

Arnaud

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Arnaud,

The technology that allows one SAS server to talk with another is SAS/CONNECT.  With that product, you get utility procedures such as PROC UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD, plus remote library services, that allow you to move/reference data among the SAS sessions.

Assuming that you don't have that available, you can copy any data from one server to another via EG.  Use the Tasks->Data->Upload SAS Data Sets and Download SAS Data Sets task.  You'll need to reference the actual physical path of a local data file in order to upload it to a remote WORK library.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
arnaudd
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer! 🙂

The next problem is: I build an original SAS EG project. The flow is already constructed but problem (explained above) appears. By using the "upload data set task box", this box seems to create a dubble output data sets for every boxes following the upload task. What is strange is that the two duplicates always refer to the same SAS data set (same name, same library, same server). So, the flow works but visually, it's totally awful: imagine that you find every SAS data sets twice in your EG project...

Thanks for your help everyone,

Arnaud

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation