BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Am I missing something, or has the option to list tasks by category vanished from EG 7? Also the names of the procedures have been moved from the list by name to a pop-up that appears on mouse-over, which makes looking for a specific procedure rather tedious.

I don't know how others feel, but the behaviour of 6.1 and earlier suits me better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @Kurt_Bremser - the Task Browser now covers this, though the UI is different.  Tasks->Browse...

You can search for a task that covers a PROC that you want using the search field.  Here's my search for tasks that use PROC FREQ (note that I have SAS Studio tasks installed as well, so I've got double coverage):

tb.png

You can be more specific in your search.  Looking for the Chi Square test?  Just search for "chi":

tb2.png

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @Kurt_Bremser - the Task Browser now covers this, though the UI is different.  Tasks->Browse...

You can search for a task that covers a PROC that you want using the search field.  Here's my search for tasks that use PROC FREQ (note that I have SAS Studio tasks installed as well, so I've got double coverage):

tb.png

You can be more specific in your search.  Looking for the Chi Square test?  Just search for "chi":

tb2.png

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The Task Browser also allows you to manage favorites and task templates.  It was introduced in the SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office a couple of releases ago, and in v7.1 the two were sync'd to be the same UI/experience.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation