Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Missing List Option for Tasks

Accepted Solution Solved
Esteemed Advisor
Accepted Solution

Missing List Option for Tasks

Am I missing something, or has the option to list tasks by category vanished from EG 7? Also the names of the procedures have been moved from the list by name to a pop-up that appears on mouse-over, which makes looking for a specific procedure rather tedious.

I don't know how others feel, but the behaviour of 6.1 and earlier suits me better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-11-2017 08:46 AM
Community Manager

Re: Missing List Option for Tasks

Hi @KurtBremser - the Task Browser now covers this, though the UI is different.  Tasks->Browse...

You can search for a task that covers a PROC that you want using the search field.  Here's my search for tasks that use PROC FREQ (note that I have SAS Studio tasks installed as well, so I've got double coverage):

tb.png

You can be more specific in your search.  Looking for the Chi Square test?  Just search for "chi":

tb2.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-11-2017 08:46 AM
Community Manager

Hi @KurtBremser - the Task Browser now covers this, though the UI is different.  Tasks->Browse...

You can search for a task that covers a PROC that you want using the search field.  Here's my search for tasks that use PROC FREQ (note that I have SAS Studio tasks installed as well, so I've got double coverage):

tb.png

You can be more specific in your search.  Looking for the Chi Square test?  Just search for "chi":

tb2.png

Esteemed Advisor

Ah! So the search is much more than just a search by task name. That is good to know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Community Manager

The Task Browser also allows you to manage favorites and task templates.  It was introduced in the SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office a couple of releases ago, and in v7.1 the two were sync'd to be the same UI/experience.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation