Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Macros to run proc univariate on multiple tables in an ODBC and saving it in a single table

New Contributor

Macros to run proc univariate on multiple tables in an ODBC and saving it in a single table

Creation of macros to run proc univariate on multiple tables from the ODBC (Oracle Server) and saving this in a single table.

I have around 40 tables in a particular schema on the Oracle server and would like to run Proc univariate on all the numeric fields from the tables and save it in a single table.

I know this is limited information, but I wanted to start with the high level and provide more information based on the updates I receive.

Thank you so much!

Trusted Advisor

Re: Macros to run proc univariate on multiple tables in an ODBC and saving it in a single table

Write a macro that loops through all of the Oracle tables and performs PROC UNIVARIATE on it, with results being stored in a SAS data set. In the same loop, append each SAS data set to the previous (PROC APPEND).

Super User
Super User

Re: Macros to run proc univariate on multiple tables in an ODBC and saving it in a single table

Much like @PaigeMiller you have provided the high level, so nothing further for us to comment on.  

If it was me doing it I would break it down as:

1) Get data from database and save to SAS datasets in a given library.

2) Generate the code from SASHELP.VTABLE, something like:

data _null_;
  set sashelp.vtable (where=(libname="YOURLIB"));
  call execute('proc univariate....;
                    proc append base=...);
run;
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation