Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Macro Drop down list and infobox for permanent macros EG 5.1

New Contributor

Macro Drop down list and infobox for permanent macros EG 5.1

Hello,

I have only been using SAS for about a month, but I have created a few permanent macros for things I do often.

Right now, if I define a macro within a program I will get a drop down menu of available macros when I start typing '%...'  and once I have clicked or typed the macro name, I get a box with information saying the macro variable names and any information I want displayed.

Capture.JPG

Now I want to save my macros to a file and call them from other programs.  I can call the macro using the following code, but it does not display the info box or the drop down list of names when I type the macro name and variables.

filename willmacs 'filename';

options mautosource sasautos=(willmacs sasautos);

%testmac(ABC, DEF)

Is it possible to make EG display the dropdown and infobox?

Thanks for your help and please point me to other threads if this was mentioned before (I did a quick search but could not find anything)

-Will

Trusted Advisor

Re: Macro Drop down list and infobox for permanent macros EG 5.1

Hi,

I haven't used 5.1 much, but I don't think it's possible.  As I understand, this auto-complete feature of the EG editor works when the definition of the macro is in the same program.   I don't think it works for autocall macros.  You might try posting this in the Enterprise Guide forum.  There are EG experts  there.

--Q.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation