Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Logistic Regression With Multiple independent variables

New Contributor

Logistic Regression With Multiple independent variables

I am trying to do a logistic regression in sas enterprise guide 5.1. I have 1 dependent variable and 13 independent variables. out of the 13 independent variables 12 are possible confounders and I am specifically looking at one variable but I still want to get the crude odds ratio and 95% ci for all independent variables.
Trusted Advisor

Re: Logistic Regression With Multiple independent variables

What is the specific question you want answered?

New Contributor

I want to know how to input it correctly. For some reason I list my dependent variable and all 13 variables under the explanatory variables section including the main independent variable. One of my variables is Sex which is not a numeric variable so i placed it under the "group by analysis" tab however i need it to generate an odds ratio and 95% ci as well in relation to my dependent variable

New Contributor

After doing all of that Ii get an error message saying there were no observations or something along those lines.

Trusted Advisor

Exact details would help.

The exact error message, word-for-word, verbatim, leaving nothing out, would be most helpful.

The full set-up that you provided EG would also be necessary.

New Contributor

I imported my data which was an excel file. I then sorted it. Then I clicked Task-> Regression-> logistics->I then put my dependent variable under the tab designated for it. Then the rest of my variables I placed under quantitative variables(this includes both confounders and my main independent variable). I then placed "sex" the only variable I have that isn't a numeric one under the section that says classification variables. then I went to the left window pane, clicked effects and placed my main independent variable in the effects column. then I ran it and the error message says

ERROR: EVENT=. category is not a valid response category.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation