BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DonH
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Let me start by emphasizing that I am a long-time SAS user/programmer and so perhaps I am not thinking about this the way in need to in the EG universe.

Here is what I need to do:

1. Query some data (got that with the Query Builder task - NP)
  2. Create summaries (got that with the Summary Statisitics task - again NP)
  3. List the results - and here is where the problem is.

So here is my issue. I need to do two things. Specify/control the labels and select certain columsn to be summed. But these two requirements, which I can do pretty easily in PROC PRINT or PROC REPORT don't seem to work as I'd expect.

I first tried the List Data task and it does most of what I want - but it does not allow me to customize the headers. Since the data comes from an external DB both the column name and the label which is the same as the column name are long and have underscores. The list data task however does not include _ as one of the allowable split characters. Given how common the use of _ as a split character is in SAS programs, I am hoping I am missing something obvious.

So I next tried the List Report Wizard task. That allowed me to customize the headers. But it also put the statistic (e.g., SUM) in every header. The only way I found to suppress this was to say display all values for each column. But if I do that, the task excludes the column from being summarized at the bottom of the report.

What I want is an incredibly simple SAS program using SUMMARY/MEANS with PRINT/REPORT. I only need to do this in EG as the users/client are not programmers and they don't want to have to write code. They point a point-and-click interface.

TIA for any suggestions,

Don H

3 REPLIES 3
DonH
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Two more things that I forgot to mention.

First, I also tried to provide labels as part of the Query Builder task. And those did carry thru and could be used by the List Data task. But the Summary Statistics task appends _SUM to the label and I don't see any way to get rid of that.

Second, this is EG 4.3 using a BI/EBI server environment.

LainieH
Community Manager

Test post

LainieH
Community Manager

This is a test reply to see if notification system is working. Editing message here as a test.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation