BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8

Dear SAS Pros,

I created a few BASE auto-assigned libraries using Management Console.

I can see all of them there and in SAS DI Studio BUT not in EG. Yes, I tried to refresh and re-connect but they are still not there.

I have declined the user PUBLIC all rights on the libraries but created a new user group "libusers" who have total access to those libraries. But...none of them can see those. As admin I can see at least half of them in EG but still not all.

Any ideas why that might be?

Many thanks for any insight and a great weekend!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

A good test is to try the libraries that are not working in LIBNAME statements and submit these in EG - do they assign without error?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

A good test is to try the libraries that are not working in LIBNAME statements and submit these in EG - do they assign without error?

PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8

Hi KurtBremser,

Thanks for your reply. I asked the SAS unix server admin to confirm this.
@SASKiwi. Good idea. What I find odd is that even as user with admin rights I cant see all libnames
in EG but I see all of them in the management console and SAS DI Studio.

I created the following libraries:
EFSA
PSM
ZOONOSEN
MONITOR
BUEP*
CHEMKONT*

The two with the * I couldnt see in EG as user with admin rights.
I checked the unix path and noticed it was wrong.

Now the only issue left is that users without admin rights cant see any of those.
Users who I specifically moved in a new group that has all rights to those libraries.

I generated a libname to test with PSM:

LIBNAME PSM BASE "/sas_data/xxx/xxx/PSM";
and interestingly that worked well for all users. I wonder now...why is this normally auto-assigned
library (as are the other 5 not seen by non-admin users straight away? I dont need that everyone runs a libname every time they start EG.

PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8

The new group I created has read/write access to the metadata folder /sas_data/xxx/xxx/

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

What you see in SAS MC is a logical definition of a library. If you have the correct authorization in metadata you can work with the definition, but if the proper operating system permissions are missing, you can't execute the libname statement successfully.

Users being able to see a library in metadata, but not being able to access the library from EG, points to this.

I use this deliberately. My autoexec_usermods.sas file for the workspace server %includes the company-wide libname.sas file that contains all library definitions; only the ones allowed by the OS for a specific user will execute successfully during workspace server startup and will appear in the user's server list in EG.

PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8
Got it:

" If you have the correct authorization in metadata you can work with the definition" -> I indeed forgot to set all the permission right.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation