BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Warri
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

When you start working in EG you usually take some dataset from a specific library. Is it possible to create a prompt on a dataset-shortcut in your process flow to specify the libname?

So if have for instance libraries libA and libB and both have a dataset called products (with identical variables, but different observations). Then when you drag the dataset to the process flow you have to choose either libA.products of libB.products, but I would like a prompt, say &libnameAorB., that gives me the choice between libA and libB.

I have a similar question for exports. Can you specify the name of the exported files with a prompt? (I know it can be done in a program step, but I'm asking this with respect to an export step)

Thanks in advance,

Warri

2 REPLIES 2
TriciaA
Calcite | Level 5

Yes ... just use the Libname prompt.  In this blog post I show how to setup the prompt - although the post is about creating a stored process without output.  It should give you an idea of how to set up the prompt.

Hope this helps:
Tricia

Notes for SAS BI Users

Warri
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you. We'll be looking at this possibility.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation