BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Michael_W
Calcite | Level 5

Here's my objective:  I am trying generate a list of all of the libraries that are currently assigned in my EG session.  The following link suggests that I can use the
Libname _ALL_ LIST command to list all of the librefs that are currently assigned.   However, when I execute the command in an EG code node, it lists all librefs; those that are assigned and unassigned (and I only want the the assigned ones).  SAS(R) 9.2 Companion for z/OS      Is there another way to accomplish my objective?y

Thank you in advance,

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

What do you mean with unassigned ones? They are either assigned or not assigned and the libname _all_ list is making a list of assigned one as seen by the SAS process.
Eguide doesn't play any role in this

There is something on preassigned librefs SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Data Administration Guide, Fourth Edition

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Desktop Application Administration Guide, Fourth Edition the preassigned are yellow and defined not assigned white.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Michael_W
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you kindly for responding to my issue.   In EG, I have a handful of libraries that registered in the metadata but are not preassigned.  In order to assign them, I need to manually do so by right clicking on the library icoon in my server list.    The LIBNAME _ALL_ LIST command picks up all libraries whether they're assigned or not.  The solution provided by BallwardW solved my issue.

Thank you very much,

Michael

ballardw
Super User

By any chance are you referring to libraries on a server you connect with? The server could well have active libraries that you are not using.

If you need libraries that only you use you may be able to examine dictionary.libnames and look at the paths

proc sql;

select * from dictionary.libnames;

quit;

Michael_W
Calcite | Level 5

BallardW,

Thank you kindly for responding and helping me with my issue.   In Enterprise Guide, there are a handful of libraries that are registered in the metadata but that are not preassigned.   In order to assign them, I need to manually do so by right clicking on the library icon in my server list.     The LIBNAME _ALL_ LIST command picks up all libraries whether they're assigned or not.   The solution/recommendation that you've provided below does exactly what I need!

Thank you very much!

Michael

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation