BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
expertyejin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I am using SODA Enterprise Guide 7.12. Is it normal that the "Go To Program Source" option for errors in the log summary is grayed out no matter what I try?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
expertyejin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I actually found the source for this issue - it seems that for some weird reason, the datalines4/lines4/cards4 statement disables this functionality in SAS EG 7.12. As a result, using the datalines/lines/cards statement instead can bypass this problem.

Regards,

Yejin

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi,

Can you try the below steps:

• Close all instances of SAS Enterprise Guide
  • In Windows Explorer go to C:\Users\<your-user-id>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\
  • Rename the current EG version number folder to X.X_old, where X.X is the version installed
  • Restart SAS Enterprise Guide and check if the problem persists.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Damo

expertyejin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Damo,

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. Please see attached screenshot.

Log Summary.png
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, sorry to hear it did not resolve the issue.

But thanks to the screenshot, I have an explanation, I think.

The "go to program line" is not available because no line are recorded with the Program Line column, on the right.

This is the reason why the functionality isn't available.

Now you'll ask why the Program Line column is empty, and unfortunately I don't have an explanation.

Do you have the same result when using this random sample program:

http://robslink.com/SAS/democd69/honey_suppliers.sas

Cheers,

Damo

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Yeah, it should not be greyed out.  As @Damo mentioned, almost certainly related to the fact the Program Line column is empty.  I too am interested in whether this happens for you for all programs, or this one in particular.  Let us know.  Also, if you get a chance, please attach the log using these steps:

-In a new EG session, reproduce the problem (run the code and confirm Go To Program Source is disabled.

-In Windows Explorer, navigate to %temp%.

-Click on the Date Modified column to sort descending by Date.

-Find the most recent folder named SEGnnnn (where nnnn is a random number).

-Open the randomly named subfolders in SEGnnnn until you find result.log (inspect it to make sure it is the log that corresponds to the code you ran).

-Then attach the result.log to this thread and I'll take a look.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

expertyejin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Casey,

I cannot find Windows Explorer, probably because I'm using Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface.

expertyejin
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you all for your precious help! Marvellously I do not run into this problem when running @Damo's sample problem, as suggests the screenshot.

Also, just in case you may wonder which context prompted me to run the program that generated the weird issue in the log, well I am taking the SAS e-course entitled "SAS(R) Enterprise Guide(R) 1: Querying and Reporting (EG 6.1)". More precisely, I am taking "Lesson 3: Getting Started with Tasks", and doing challenge-level practice under the section "Using Tasks and Wizards".

Good Log Summary.png
Damo
SAS Employee

Great news and all the best with your training, have fun!!!

expertyejin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I actually found the source for this issue - it seems that for some weird reason, the datalines4/lines4/cards4 statement disables this functionality in SAS EG 7.12. As a result, using the datalines/lines/cards statement instead can bypass this problem.

Regards,

Yejin

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Thanks Yejin.  You stumbled upon a bug!

I entered an issue in our tracking system and we will fix it in the next release.  Fortunately, as you mentioned, there is an easy workaround.

expertyejin
Obsidian | Level 7

Great to know it's gonna be fixed! Has a problem note been assigned in this regard? If yes then can you send me the link?

Thanks,

Yejin

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi Yejin,

A SAS Note has not been created for this issue.  If one is created, I'll share it here.

Casey

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation