Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Issue with SAS EG and SAS Integration Technologies configuration wizard

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Issue with SAS EG and SAS Integration Technologies configuration wizard

Hi,

I installed SAS integration client technologies on my windows 10 laptop to test the connectivity to the remote SAS server. I get the below error.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeArrayTypeMismatchException: Specified array was not of the expected type.
   at System.StubHelpers.MngdSafeArrayMarshaler.ConvertSpaceToManaged(IntPtr pMarshalState, Object& pManagedHome, IntPtr pNativeHome)
   at SAS.OptionServiceClass.GetOptions(Array& OptionNames, Array& Types, Array& IsPortable, Array& IsStartupOnly, Array& Values, Array& ErrorIndices, Array& ErrorCodes, Array& ErrorMsgs)
   at SAS.BI.Itconfig.Library.ServerTests.SASWorkspaceServerTest.TestServer()

Below is the softwares I installed in the order specified.

1. I have VS 2015 so the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64 and x86) are already installed
  2. https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1988
  3. https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1969

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-02-2017 07:09 AM
Community Manager

Re: Issue with SAS EG and SAS Integration Technologies configuration wizard

There is a defect tracked on this with R&D, and I've added this thread to it.  ITConfig aside, your system should work okay with other Windows clients that you install (like EG, SAS Add-In for MS Office, or a custom app like the SASHarness).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Manager

Do you have the Microsoft .NET 4.0 framework installed?  That's required by the IntTech client.

Occasional Contributor

I have attached the screenshot of the softwares installed. Visual Studio installs .Net Framework 4.5 and above by default.

Attachment
Community Manager

Any chance that you are connecting to a metadata server behind an HTTPS proxy? Might be this issue.  If so, the way I read it you would still get a "success" message after the connection attempt (and exception you see).  And hopefully clients like SAS Enterprise Guide can still be expected to work.

Occasional Contributor

No. I am using regular server connection. Also I am not using SAS EG. Just the SAS Integration Client Technologies Wizard.

Attachment
Community Manager

As another test, you can download my SASHarness project to check the connection to your SAS session.  If that works, then you'll know the problem is with the ITConfig tool and not with your environment.

Occasional Contributor

OK. It works using the SAS Harness client.

Solution
‎03-02-2017 07:09 AM
Community Manager

There is a defect tracked on this with R&D, and I've added this thread to it.  ITConfig aside, your system should work okay with other Windows clients that you install (like EG, SAS Add-In for MS Office, or a custom app like the SASHarness).

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Chris.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation