BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tsndrct1234
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SAS Community!

Soo, I have this flow (chain of jobs, please correct me if I'm wrong) that needs to be executed in SAS EG since it's the only environment I have access right now (we have Flow Manager but it's only for production use). I tried to run it and leave my computer on overnight so it can run  and after few attempts I finally lost hope to finish running this flow.

There are a few cause of the run being interrupted and here it is:

-Disk space issue 

-SAS EG kept getting disconnected when left idle

-Tried to save some tables on physical path but I still have issue with space, also I noticed that SAS EG can't handle the large process if saved on physical paths.

Is there a way I can have this executed uninterrupted or is there anything I'm missing out? Btw, this is the first time I'm using SAS EG so please bear with me. Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have access to the UNIX environment where your SAS server is installed, make a .sas program file out of your EG project and schedule it with cron (use the at command to schedule it once, and crontab for regular executions).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tsndrct1234
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Kurt! When you say create files does it mean the EGP file? And since you mentioned about the windows scheduler, can I also run it in unix environment? Thank you!
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have access to the UNIX environment where your SAS server is installed, make a .sas program file out of your EG project and schedule it with cron (use the at command to schedule it once, and crontab for regular executions).

tsndrct1234
Obsidian | Level 7
Perfect! This is the process I know tbh, but I needed someone to confirm that this EGP file can be also deployed on a unix env as sas file. Thank you so much Kurt! 🙂
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@tsndrct1234  - EGP files can only be scheduled and run via EG on Windows. If you want to schedule an EGP on Unix then it needs to be exported first to SAS programs. For the life of me, I don't understand why you are excluded from the "Production scheduler" and are forced to use an alternative that's different - that's just crazy work practices. Where I work we have both a Production and a Development / UAT scheduling capability via SAS Management Console and it gets used a lot.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation