Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Is there a way to copy a process flow from one project to a new one? Thank you!

N/A

Valued Guide

Re: Is there a way to copy a process flow from one project to a new one? Thank you!

In a word, no.  Been asked before.  Probably a candidate for a sas ballot.

The best I have been able to do is to copy the entire project and then go in to the new one and delete the parts I didn't want in the new project.  Subpar at best.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

Frequent Learner

Re: Is there a way to copy a process flow from one project to a new one? Thank you!

Indeed functionality that is missing!

Community Manager

This feature (copy/past flows across projects) is slated for the next release of SAS Enterprise Guide (7.1), which is due to release Very Soon Now.  It's a great addition!

Chris

Community Manager

Just to close the loop -- that feature is now here!

Copy an entire process flow in SAS Enterprise Guide

Copy and paste a process flow - it works!

New Contributor

Copy is certainly clickable, but Paste is not for some reason. Also I can move branches that start with codes between process flows within a project, but not branches that start with datasets
Community Manager

Hi @old_friend - this should be working in v7.1, if that's what you're using.  If you can't get it to work then I suggest either posting as a new thread with some screen shots, or working with SAS Technical Support for some further investigation.

Chris

New Contributor

I think this happens due to safety. If EG cannot handle the move of some items between process flows, it disables Paste. Items can be moved individually still.
Community Manager

What version of EG do you use?  The behavior you're describing sounds like pre-7.1.  I have found the copy/paste of flows and branches to be very robust after the v7.1 feature enhancements.  But you might be running into cases that I haven't tried.

New Contributor

Chris, I am using 7.11 HF2 (7.100.1.2785) (32-bit)
Respected Advisor

One way to go in newer SAS EG versions

- Export the process flow to a program (.sas file)

- Import program into new EG project

- open the new program code node

- run "Analyze for Program Flow" and save as new process flow.

This will not give you exactly what you had in the source EG project - but may be the result will be sufficient for what you need.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation