Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Is SAS Enterprise Guide independent of base SAS system?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor REN
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is SAS Enterprise Guide independent of base SAS system?

In SAS EG 7.1, I cannot import data (in .xlsx format).  I realized that the SAS 9.3 installed on my compter also expired.  I wonder if SAS EG must be based on a SAS system (SAS 9.3 or other versions)?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-13-2016 02:30 PM
Community Manager

Re: Is SAS Enterprise Guide independent of base SAS system?

If you are using SAS Enterprise Guide with your local SAS, then yes, this would be a problem.  You'll need to obtain a new SID/SETINIT from SAS or your SAS admin to renew your local SAS.

SAS Enterprise Guide can also connect to remote SAS servers.  If you have a central SAS environment that you're using, then your local SAS should be a non-factor.  You do need to be connected to an active version of SAS, local or remote.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎07-13-2016 02:30 PM
Community Manager

If you are using SAS Enterprise Guide with your local SAS, then yes, this would be a problem.  You'll need to obtain a new SID/SETINIT from SAS or your SAS admin to renew your local SAS.

SAS Enterprise Guide can also connect to remote SAS servers.  If you have a central SAS environment that you're using, then your local SAS should be a non-factor.  You do need to be connected to an active version of SAS, local or remote.

New Contributor REN
New Contributor

Chris, thanks so much on this!

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation